Kettering – Sigma Chi Memorial Scholarship
In addition to the Chapter House, there are other considerations related to raising funds for Zeta Theta. In an effort to actively promote education and recognize Brothers who have entered Chapter Eternal, this scholarship was established in 2000 and the endowment currently stands at $45,000. The University administers the endowment and the selection committee is made up of Zeta Theta alumni and a representative from Kettering and the Chapter. Awards are made to A & B section undergrads once a year, and was recently expanded to include two incoming male freshman. Gifts are tax deductible and are eligible for the Employee Gift Match Program, just like donations made to Kettering University. The Fundraising Committee is hopeful that Alumni who support the campaign will consider donating to both the House Corp. projects fund and the Scholarship.
- Purpose: to serve as a means of supporting students and promoting academic excellence in the life of Sigma Chi brothers at Kettering University
- The Sigma Chi endowed scholarship is a non-profit, charitable entity under the Kettering University umbrella. The EIN is 38-2410852
- Awarded yearly to both A & B Sections, $500 each
- Criteria: Scholarship, Good Standing, Activities, Need
- Review Committee: Alumni, Chapter Advisor, Financial Aid Director
- Corporate Matching Program – Use It